• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Romantic dinner...on a Sunday

AMTHoya

Monday is the "six-monthiversary," as I like to call it, of the day that I first met my girlfriend. :wub:

Unfortunately, other events have caused us to decide to celebrate on Sunday. What's a good romantic restaurant to go to that's still open on Sunday? I've already booked at Mendocino, through OpenTable, but I wanted to shoot this one to the peanut gallery to see if I can think of anything closer to her house - she lives in Logan Circle.

Also, anybody know where I can buy nice pearl earrings in the city? (I guess that's for another, jewelry-related board somewhere...)

Six months? Dinner, pearls? Slow down cowboy! :biggrin:

Offhand, some more romatic and centrally located places: Little Fountain Cafe, Al Tiramisu, Cashion's.

Monday is the "six-monthiversary," as I like to call it, of the day that I first met my girlfriend.  :wub:

Unfortunately, other events have caused us to decide to celebrate on Sunday. What's a good romantic restaurant to go to that's still open on Sunday? I've already booked at Mendocino, through OpenTable, but I wanted to shoot this one to the peanut gallery to see if I can think of anything closer to her house - she lives in Logan Circle.

Also, anybody know where I can buy nice pearl earrings in the city? (I guess that's for another, jewelry-related board somewhere...)

Monday is the "six-monthiversary," as I like to call it, of the day that I first met my girlfriend.  :wub:

Mendocino is a great choice my second would be Little Fountain Cafe. My question is why stop at Pearls why not go all the way.....Diamonds are Forever. Congrats and have fun.

I'm a big fan of Mendocino, but the added attraction of going there for Sunday Dinner is their 1/2 price wine list (not everything on the regular list, but some excellent bottles).

Oh, J[esus]. You may be omnipotent, but you are SO naive!

- From the South Park Mexican Starring Frog from South Sri Lanka episode

I'm a big fan of Mendocino, but the added attraction of going there for Sunday Dinner is their 1/2 price wine list (not everything on the regular list, but some excellent bottles).

Well, I do believe THAT clinches it. I didn't even know about that...sweet! :biggrin:

Are you single, Fred?  :wub:

:raz:  :biggrin:  :raz:

That depends, are you filthy rich? :wub::biggrin:

I agree with Fun Johnny. The wine list at Mendocino is great and at half price I suggest a bottle of the Sine Qua Non Whispering E. I had it a couple weeks ago and it was insanely GOOD!

Komi can be a nice dinner - excellent food - great service. and a lot closer to Logan Circle - near 17th and P. see the thread here.

Al Tiramisu has that dim lighting thing going for it and is also quite nice.

Has anyone suggested Tabard Inn?

Komi can be a nice dinner - excellent food - great service.  and a lot closer to Logan Circle - near 17th and P.  see the thread here.

Al Tiramisu has that dim lighting thing going for it and is also quite nice.

Has anyone suggested Tabard Inn?

I think Komi is closed on Sunday, but otherwise would be a great choice for dinner. Although it is a bit noisy to be a great place for a romantic dinner.

Wearing jeans to the best restaurants in town.

I'm a known Marcel's whore, but it ain't cheap. Perhaps if you pick up the pearls at one of those shopping mall places.

Tabard Inn is quite romantic, if you can score a spot on one of their upstairs rooms or on the enclosed patio. Food...didn't blow me away, but others report better experiences. Hell, just handing in the lounge on a Sunday after noon and having wine and appetizers on an antique couch by the fireplace is pretty swell.

Edited by Busboy (log)

I'm on the pavement

Thinking about the government.