• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Seattle's best potato salad..

Where can I get the best potato salad in Seattle? (I don't want to make it myself.)

"Homer, he's out of control. He gave me a bad review. So my friend put a horse head on the bed. He ate the head and gave it a bad review! True Story." Luigi, The Simpsons

<a href="http://www.metropolitan-market.com/">Metropolitan Market</a> has a couple of great prepared potato salads in their deli section. I've tried the American and Three Potato versions, and both are quite good. The American is my favorite though; it's made with red potatoes, and has a good amount of fresh dill in the dressing -- really tasty.

• 3 weeks later...
Larry's used to (hopefully still do) make a great one that has blue cheese in the dressing.

Oh, YES! Larry's Market does still make this wonderful blue cheese potato salad. They call it True Blue I believe. I am trying to recreate it in my kitchen but have yet to succeed. It uses red potatoes, water chestnuts, and celery seeds so it tastes very fresh and crisp. This combined with the blue cheese dressing and green o's is Mmmm Mmmm delicious!

I just thought of another really wonderful potato salad. Its from Noah's Bagels. If you order a bagel sandwich, there is an optional potato salad on the side. It is another red potato version. Red potato, without much mustard, is my favorite type of potato salad because it tastes so light and fresh.