• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chile, Italy, France

bills

Recent wines:

2003 Viu Manent Malbec – Colchagua Valley, Chile – dark cherry and cocoa nose, sweet entry, good body, soft tannins, tasty wine now and for the next 2 years or so. At $13 Can., a buy-it-by-the-case winner.

2000 Tommasi Crearo – the usual Venetian Corvino and Oseleta blended with cabernet franc to make an IGT wine. Ripe nose, none of the cab franc character in evidence, Bordeaux-like on palate, good acidity and soft tannins. should improve for another couple of years and then hold for a few more.

1995 Ch. Moulin St. Georges St. Emilion Grand Cru – I’ll be doing a 1995 horizontal soon, so I thought I’d pop a cork on one and see what they have been doing since I lasted looked in. Dark with black raspberry and spice nose, mellow in the middle, with soft tannins coming in at the end. No rush on this one – it has it all together now, but it will continue to improve and will certainly hold for years. Wish I’d bought more!