• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Ballpark Eats

mrbigjas

Thanks for the tips, everyone! We had crab fries and Yards, lots of Yards. I don't think the Johnny Brenda's stand is up yet and I didn't find Shank & Evelyn's, though I wasn't looking hard... our seats were a couple rows back on the 50-yard line (sweet!) so I wasn't focusing too much on food.

• 5 weeks later...
I don't know if they're up and running yet, but Joe Sixpack says Johnny Brenda's will have a stand at the Linc, serving beer and food.

That same article mentions that there's a local food presence, including the Schmitter, and food from Shank and Evelyn's.  So it might not be so bleak after all...

(Thanks to foobooz for the heads-up.)

Anyone know if any of these places are open yet at the Linc and if so where they may be located? Any help in avoiding a slice of $4.00-worse-than-Domino's-slice of pizza as a halftime snack tonight would be greatly appreciated!!!

• 6 months later...

I rarely get a slice of pizza at the park, but I was at least happy with the Peace A Pizza stands that they had there. Well not this year. Anybody know anything about this place?

I know I brought this up before after Geno's pulled out of Ashburn Alley, but now that Peace A Pizza is out I have to assume that that CBP is charging insane rent. I can't imagine how a business wouldn't want to stay in a place that draws over 3 MILLION people over 81 days unless they're not turning a profit.

Edited by Tim Dolan (log)

I would kill everyone in this room for a drop of sweet beer...

Homer Simpson

yes, that is always a factor but........

they (whoever they are in this instance) seemed somewhat committed to providing good, local,philly favorite establishments to serve food. tony luke, ricks, the place that makes schmitters, etc.

of all the chioces for pizza in philadelphia they choose to use a chain from delaware!?! seriously, wtf?

• 2 months later...

We were at the game Friday night and it was a thrill to see Jason Werth hit three home runs.

Not as thrilling was the food. We arrived early and due to the rain batting practice was canceled. So, we went into McFaddens. Beer in plastic cups? And the food was, to my taste, worse than what you can get in the park.

I had a hamburger that clearly was pre-cooked and it was dry. Fries were also pre done and held under a lamp.

The staff was trained by vultures as they kept trying to clear stuff long before we were done. I know they need to turn those tables but give me a chance to eat first please.

Well, at least we were dry.