• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Make and Take

Liz Johnson

Why open a franchise? You can get almost the same thing at any super Target. Veggies prepped and mixed for soups, stews etc. Potatoes mashed, cubed (large and small) pared, of course..or not. After you buy the stew meat, or chicken or ready made pie crust all you've done to make dinner is open a few packages and apply the heat. I'm not bitching about it, when I've put 800 miles on my car this week and am barely making anything at all it's a great alternative to popeyes or the male components of the house's favorite..Burger King.

But I like to do my own thing when I can, and I don't want to buy anyone else's cooking unless I'm in a resturant.