• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

NJ Restaurant Menu Question

Lreda

LOL

"now you see why we never order desset - there is no room. course i would love to know how rosie and lowell manage 3 desserts between them and stay so thin. genetics i guess"

Rosie goes on the treadmill daily and to yoga class 3-4 times a week. Lowell goes to the gym when he is not working. We also go on hikes when time permits in addition to the other exercise. Breakfast is a half piece of dry toast. Lunch is yogurt and fruit. It is a constant struggle to maintain more exercise than the calories that we eat.  : )

This is when you know our girl has become a star, she refers to herself in the third person. :raz:

Much love, Lou

O.K. I've got a week before I have to finish my menu and think I'm going to leave well enough alone. I'll still include the starch and veg but offer sides such a augratin potatoes, creamed spinach, etc at a $3-$4 tariff.

The only other option that I'm still weighing is I might offer the entree and give the customer a choice.

Example: Shrimp & Scallops Creole 17/19(with rice)

5 days to go. :blink:

so you would offer the protein and a veg with the starch for a bit more? do i have that concept right?

ok- i'd go for that.

i know several restaurants where you can order a la carte or 5 course and the price is reflected on the menu as:

roast duck breast with duck leg confit, sweet potato spaetzle and grilled vegetables 29/45

the 45 would include soup, appetizer, salad, entree, dessert and regular coffee.

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

A few places here in Chicago use the choice idea. For about $12-15 you just get the entree, for a few dollars more it is a meal package of some type ranging from veg. and starch to a compleate mealk. Depending on the place.

Living hard will take its toll...