• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dijon restaurant suggestions - Merged topics

peterdee

I will be in Dijon in september and would like to hear of any remarkable restaurants any members have experienced

My husband, former Dijoinaise, says

"Lameuloise in Chagny is remarkable and it's not too early to make a reserv

for Sept."

"Gourmandise is not unbecoming to women: it suits the delicacy of their organs and recompenses them for some pleasures they cannot enjoy, and for some evils to which they are doomed." Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin

MetaFooder: linking you to food | @foodtwit

I will be in Dijon in september and would like to hear of any remarkable restaurants any members have experienced

You should check out this thread.

Also I should mention that in late September we ate at Le Bistrot des Halles, so-so but inexpensive dinner for 63 E; Stephane Derbord, not bad at all for 108 Euros; and schlepped out to the best of the three restaurants, in Prenois, L'Auberge de la Charme, for 97 Euros. Because I was on holiday from my Paris duties, I took lousy notes. However, if the truth be told, our most interesting meal was a huge sit-down catered affair at the Clos Vougeot estate with singing and dancing and very, very fine wine.

John Talbott

blog John Talbott's Paris

There are two between Dijon and Beaune that we like:

Chez Jeanette north of Savigny-les-beaune- somewhere,

and

Bar/Tabac who's name I always forget in Flagy-Echezeaux.

We've been there twice, its a lot nicer and heavier than it sounds.

Real old fashioned heavy French food, multi courses, but quite an experience. I think its the only restaurant in the town.

There's an M.F.K. Fisher story she tells about how the waitress in an Inn in France just kept bringing courses and courses of food, "Oh, you must try this, and this, and this, the Chef just made it fresh", that this place in Flagy totally reminds me of!

Just one more little mint, Monsieur!!

Philly Francophiles

• 1 year later...

Ms. Laidback, another eGulleteer and I are spending 3 nights in Dijon next month, and would welcome suggestions for restaurants, brasseries, bistros, and cafés from the eGullet faithful and perhaps even the unfaithful. Msrs. Michelin and Pudlowski have made theirs but we would be appreciative of personal testimony of all price ranges with an emphasis on places similar to Parisian favorites such as Carte Blanche, Spring, Le Florimond, Le Bristol, Drouant, Café de la Mairie, etc.

• 11 months later...

My friend, Alex Miles, professor of cooking and author of "Ces hommes qui cuisinent : Le plaisir de partager" (These Men Who Cook: The pleasure of Sharing) lives in Dijon. He tells me the best pizza in France can be found at a restaurant there.

Unfortuntely, my planned visit to Alex and his chosen pizza joint was stopped by the November rail strike, so I never found out the name.

Edited by RandyB (log)