• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The New Daily Gullet

The link is at the top of the Daily Gullet forum:

http://forums.egullet.org/index.php?showforum=201

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

Forgive me--I'm not normally this technically retarded, but I can't seem to find the correct way to get to the DG without using Johnnyd's link!! What's the secret?!? When I click on the words Daily Gullet at the very top of the page, it doesn't take me to the home page for the DG. I can't be the only one who isn't finding it easily...

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

What happens when you click on "The Daily Gullet" in italics on the very top of every page?

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

What happens when you click on  "The Daily Gullet" in italics on the very top of every page?

That will take you to the Daily Gullet forum. To get to the portal -- the home page of the Society -- click on the "Home" link at the extreme upper left of any page.

Dave Scantland
Executive director
dscantland@eGstaff.org
eG Ethics signatory

Eat more chicken skin.

Dave beat me to it, but he's right.

Call me nuts, but isn't it more intuitive to link to the portal (vs. the forum) when you click on The Daily Gullet??? Now that I know how to get there I'll have no problem, but I (GASP) don't have the eG home page bookmarked--for me, it's the regional forums.

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

Dave beat me to it, but he's right. 

Call me nuts, but isn't it more intuitive to link to the portal (vs. the forum) when you click on The Daily Gullet??? 

Maybe this will help: the Society portal isn't the same thing as the Daily Gullet, alhough the portal features three Daily Gullet excerpts at any given time, along with links to other eG Forum and Society activities (the clue here is that the portal banner says "eGullet Society, etc.") The Daily Gullet proper resides in its own forum (with its own banner), and that is where the link takes you.

. . . I (GASP) don't have the eG home page bookmarked--for me, it's the regional forums.

Easily fixed, you know . . .

Dave Scantland
Executive director
dscantland@eGstaff.org
eG Ethics signatory

Eat more chicken skin.

• 1 month later...
We will be posting submission guidelines and a style guide within the next week.

In the meantime, please don't send queries to me. Send them to dailygullet@egullet.org.

Thanks.

Were these posted somewhere? I look forward to seeing them.

Thanks!

Danielle Altshuler Wiley

a.k.a. Foodmomiac

We're looking at next week for posting the submission guidelines. (Dave is away on business right now).

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

• 3 weeks later...
We're looking at next week for posting the submission guidelines. (Dave is away on business right now).

FG,

Are submission guidelines posted? We're well past "next week" :smile:.

Thanks

- CSR

"There's something very Khmer Rouge about Alice Waters that has become unrealistic." - Bourdain; interviewed on dcist.com

• 2 weeks later...

FG and Daily Gullet Editors,

You got the submission guidelines up. Nice!

(thanks for linking to the styleguide as well).

- Chris

"There's something very Khmer Rouge about Alice Waters that has become unrealistic." - Bourdain; interviewed on dcist.com