• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

SKYY 90

yellow truffle

- GO -

SKYY Spirits has announced the release of SKYY90, a new premium vodka. It uses amber winter wheat and a new computer-monitored distillation process resulting in a 100% distillate which is then mixed with Sierra Mountain water and bottled at 90 proof. The new vodka is aimed at the vodka martini drinker. It will begin to be available in May in select cities.

I don't know of any high production distillery that doesn't use a computer monitored process. But 100% distillate? Does this mean 100% alcohol? I am continually amazed at the claims made by some alcohol distillers, or should I say, bottlers. More often than not, I find that such claims are founded more in the minds of the marketing staff than in fact.

Edward Hamilton

Ministry of Rum.com

The Complete Guide to Rum

When I dream up a better job, I'll take it.

The new vodka is aimed at the vodka martini drinker.

Hmmm..... Well, the "vodka martini drinkers" I know just want to make sure that they can't actually taste any of the vodka behind the Godiva, blue curacao, or kahlua, so, I guess this computerized hooch should work out fine.

Chris Amirault

eG Ethics Signatory

Sir Luscious got gator belts and patty melts