• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Good kid-friendly places in Greenville?

mrs.inkling

My husband, almost 3-year-old and 15-month-old will be going to Greenville in a few weeks. While I'd love to say my children are angels, and therefore we can go to any restaurant and enjoy the cuisine, the truth is we need mostly family-friendly spots. I know that BBQ would be an obvious choice, but I'm more curious about non-BBQ places.

TIA!

• 1 month later...

There is only one real Greenville, and I am from there.

As a kid, and now, so still as a kid, I like Stax Omega off Heywood Rd. in Orchard Park. Another location has since opened right off I-85 but I can't imagine it holding a candle to the original location. Good diner food, open at all hours. I like the veal parm. sub and the monte cristo but there is also some fancier fare.

Since a large portion of Greenvillians gum their food who aren't children, there are some good meat & three options: Gene's located on Washington St. probably being the best of them.

If your kids like Greek food then Never on Sunday should do the trick. Iris and Nick T. are lovely people and fix lovely food. There is not a more pleasant place to eat for me. It's on Coffee St. downtown.

If your kiddies like Middle Eastern style food then the Pita House may also work. It is on S. Pleasantburg near Greenville Tech.

If your munchkins like Mexican I think Fonda Rosalinda (on N. Pleasantburg near Bob Jones Univ.) is a good authentic Mexican restaurant (less so a taqueria) that has opened up lately.

Bartolo's and Barley's do good pizzas and they are both downtown as well.

Have fun in Greenville...

William McKinney aka "wcmckinney"