• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Charlotte's coffee coup

hazardnc

Kathleen Purvis had an article in today's Charlotte Observer announcing that the Specialty Coffee Assoc of America will be holding their 2006 conference in Charlotte!

The Charlotte Observer You must subscribe to see the article.

Other exciting news for Charlotte - Counter Culture's regional sales manager David Haddock is opening a "coffee classroom" next month where they will give free coffee training and cuppings.

Things are looking brighter in the Carolina's!

• 5 weeks later...
Kathleen Purvis had an article in today's Charlotte Observer announcing that the Specialty Coffee Assoc of America will be holding their 2006 conference in Charlotte!

The Charlotte Observer  You must subscribe to see the article.

Other exciting news for Charlotte - Counter Culture's regional sales manager David Haddock is opening a "coffee classroom" next month where they will give free coffee training and cuppings.

Things are looking brighter in the Carolina's!

Sounds Great, now if they could improve the coffee at The Coffee Cup! :wub:

Gimme what cha got for a pork chop!

-Freakmaster

I have two words for America... Meat Crust.

-Mario

Sounds Great, now if they could improve the coffee at The Coffee Cup!  :wub:

NO problem. Just get your coffee at Java Passage in the design Center - in the outh End just a few minutes drive from the Coffee Cup. WE brought our to-go cups from Java Passage right in to our table and they didn't blink.

Java Passage is making some seriously good coffee - it comes from Counter Culture up in Durham.

Sounds Great, now if they could improve the coffee at The Coffee Cup!  :wub:

NO problem. Just get your coffee at Java Passage in the design Center - in the outh End just a few minutes drive from the Coffee Cup. WE brought our to-go cups from Java Passage right in to our table and they didn't blink.

Java Passage is making some seriously good coffee - it comes from Counter Culture up in Durham.

Damn, now I need to get myself back to Charlotte.

Gimme what cha got for a pork chop!

-Freakmaster

I have two words for America... Meat Crust.

-Mario