• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Looking for a German Wine's Importer

Capaneus

I'm looking for the US distributor for Weingut Bretz. I can't get my local retailer to come through with my order for their beerenauslese, or to fess up on any other info. Anyone know how I can track down the information on my own, so I can try to find an alternate source?

If anyone else is interested, this is an *amazing* wine for the price ($10.49/btl by the case). Head and shoulders better than anything I've found at anywhere near the same price, including most Aussie stickies (which tend to lack acidity, for my taste).

• 2 weeks later...
According to Beverage Network it is not sold in NJ

Well, certainly not to *me*. :angry:

I bought a bottle at Canal's on rt. 73 a little after Christmas. I haven't used Beverage Network, so I don't know what they mean by "not sold in NJ" - it's possible it's currently unavailable. But it certainly has been sold in NJ recently.