• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

help me find a special brunch!

twiggles

help!

I need to find a place that has a nice brunch, and is special enough for a 30th birthday. I was thinking of somehwere that perhaps had a set menu for around $25, or basically anywhere that the entrees plus coffee could be in that price range. I looked at the menu for 11 Madison Park, but the set menu is very limited (i've got a few picky eaters and would need at least one basic omelette option). I was also thinking of Landmarc or Balthazar. Location can be anywhere, I would like it to be obviously good food, and somehwere that is a step up from your average NY brunch place. hope this makes sense. we'll be a party of around 10 people.

I appreciate the help! :smile:

Twiggles - We had an amazing brunch at La Belle Epoque for my parents' anniversary a few weeks ago. The food isn't what I'd call "gourmet" but its extremely good and the space is amazing. It is a beautiful second floor space in a building near Union Square. It is decorated in New Orleans style and the food is New Orleans style as well. The brunch is a jazz brunch and it is an all you can eat buffet. We had a talk with the woman running the place that day and she said you can call ahead and reserve off large sections, or the entire place.

I've been meaning to post a review of this place for some time. I have photos at home. Check back soon for a detailed review and pics.

~WBC

Update: Heres a link to the review I just wrote

http://forums.egullet.org/index.php?showtopic=64171

Edited by wannabechef (log)

I would go to August, on Bleecker st., and I am pretty sure they take reservations for large tables. They have one of the best brunches in town right now and it's really affordable at the same time. Lots of egg choices, chestnut filled pancakes, lunch style items and Viennese bellinis with apricot puree instead of peach. If not August then Balthazar is a really good choice.