• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Restaurant at Le Cordon Bleu

Alberts

Pardon my ignorance, but does anyone know if there is a restaurant associated with Le Cordon Bleu school in Paris?

We will be in Paris in May. I have found that, in other places, the cooking school usually has good value and quality. I couldn't find anything about it on their website.

If anyone has been there, we would appreciate hearing.

I've never heard of anything at the Cordon Bleu, but the Ecole Gregoire Ferrandi does have a restaurant and I've heard good things. It might only be open for lunch though.

www.parisnotebook.wordpress.com

This is the LCB Paris site.

I don't know first hand if there is a restaurant at the school. It only makes sense that they would, it's part of the teaching/learning process. You can count on excellent kitchen hygeine as well.

Also a bit off topic

Founded in Paris in 1895, today the presence of Le Cordon Bleu encompasses 26 international schools in 15 countries, attended by more than 18,000 students every year. The origin of the expression “Cordon Bleu” comes from the 1578 foundation of the Order of Knights of the Holy Spirit. The members of the order wore a medal suspended on a blue ribbon and their spectacular feasts became legendary.

Hows that for the French culinary influence? :biggrin:

I can be reached via email chefzadi AT gmail DOT com

Dean of Culinary Arts

Ecole de Cuisine: Culinary School Los Angeles

http://ecolecuisine.com

Thanks for replies. I would suspect they would have a restaurant much like the Escoffier Room at the CIA, but maybe they farm the students out rather than have their own place. I will keep investigating.

Instead of their own restaurant, at the end of 3 semesters of LCB, students earn their diploma and almost everybody then does another "semester" (3 months) at a top restaurant. The restaurants that people get into are among the upper Paris' best (primarily 2 and 3 star places).

If you happen to be in Paris during the time that the catering course in session, these students present what they have learned each Friday at lunch time. While this is not really open to the public (students and invited guests) - the school might let you in if you called in advance and asked nicely - it's quite delicious! (loved it when I was a student there)

If you happen to be in Paris during the time that the catering course in session, these students present what they have learned each Friday at lunch time.  While this is not really open to the public (students and invited guests) - the school might let you in if you called in advance and asked nicely - it's quite delicious! (loved it when I was a student there)

Great tip! Thanks. We're looking for something a little different in addition to eating at excellent restaurants. That might do it! I'll try to weasel my way in.