• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Any Great Brewpubs in Miami

Amy Viny

While I know Miami isn't microbrew heaven any suggestions of places that either brew their own or at least have a wide selection of beers on tap? I used to be a total wine drinker but lately I've been enthralled by truely great beer and its ability to marry the flavors of a great meal. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Amy, unfortunately, I don't have any first hand experience with tracking down good beer in Miami, but click here for PubCrawler's search results for brewpubs and beer bars. Some of the reviews describe the beers as pretty decent.

Life is short; eat the cheese course first.

There is a place in South Beach called The Abbey. I haven't been there in a few years, as I have been overseas, but I do recall them having a pretty good beer selection. I'm not sure of it's exact location but it is near the movie theatre on Lincoln Rd. I bet you can find it in the yello pages or something.

OK, here you go...

Abbey Brewing Company

1115 16th Street

Miami Beach, FL 33139

It was on that PubCrawler's website...

Let us know if you end up trying it and if it's any good.

I just clicked the link that I provided above, and I see it didn't turn out well. Sorry about that. Anyway, Abby was the one that sounded the best to me, and yes, that's the address. I hope to hear follow-up, too. If it's good, I'll go there the next time I'm in Miami!

Life is short; eat the cheese course first.

Thanks Jenny, Susan and DMH. Susan I've enjoyed your past posts on beer. I'll try the Abbey and report back. How about beer shops. Crown Liquors in I think its Coral Gables is pretty good but limited. Any other ideas?