• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sushi on the shore?

waylman

I used to go to a little spot on Londsdale called Kokoro which was really good. Unfortanely, they have switched sushi chefs and his skills are lacking! The wife and I tried the new place in the village (beside Steamworks) and it was not that great. Can anyone recommend good sushi in either North or West Van? Thanks!

I used to go to a little spot on Londsdale called Kokoro which was really good. Unfortanely, they have switched sushi chefs and his skills are lacking! The wife and I tried the new place in the village (beside Steamworks) and it was not that great. Can anyone recommend good sushi in either North or West Van? Thanks!

Zen, 2232 Marine Drive, West Vancouver. Top up at Le Regalade next door if need be.

from the thinly veneered desk of:

Jamie Maw

Food Editor

Vancouver magazine

www.vancouvermagazine.com

Foodblog: In the Belly of the Feast - Eating BC

"Profumo profondo della mia carne"

The sushi at Zen (only went once) is acceptable but the hot food and the service were far below acceptable. I would approach with caution.

Since I posted this Coop, I've had a couple of other messages about below-par food and above-par 'tude. And indifferent service. So I should declare that our visits have been mainly restricted to the cold sheet on the way home from Whistler.

On the other hand, ths is West Vancouver, where the equivalent of having an affair is forgetting to return your neighbour's table saw.

Jamie Maw

Food Editor

Vancouver magazine

Very keenly observed Jamie! Here is Kerrisdale, where our riches are not quite so nouveau, the equivalent of having an affair would be to borrow your neighbours table saw in the first place.

Very keenly observed Jamie!  Here is Kerrisdale, where our riches are not quite so nouveau, the equivalent of having an affair would be to borrow your neighbours table saw in the first place.

Indeed. Here in beautiful downtown Kitsilano, on the other hand, one is always careful to return thy neighbour's wife.

Jamie Maw

Food Editor

Vancouver magazine