• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

ok maybe not the northeast but close enough

saluki

The northeast is getting more interesting. First we get Bell's market and now if you keep going north till bustleton becomes bridgetown pike and keep going to maple ave

Well there is supposed to be a chinese restaurant worth the trip.

It's called the Chinatown Cafe- on Maple avenue in langhorne.

Has anyone been there. It's supposedly owned by the same people that owned Joes on Race street. I heard something about a Shanghai Joe being mentioned. Does anyone know anything about the food or the place

Now, I know this is not a phantom restuarant. I've tried to find it several times. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong. I go north on bustleton and follow it onto Bridgetown Pike until I get to Maple Ave. (where the genuardi's shopping center is). There I make a left but I never find it. What am I doing wrong? Help would be appreciated. :unsure:

In return I'll clue you in. There is a marvelous new

Asian Supermarket at 1138 Oxford Valley road.

If you are heading north on old route 1 -You just turn right at Woodbourne (Arbys) and follow it. The road will quickly become oxford vally road- It will be in a small strip mall on the right. If you do any asian cooking it has all the ingredients you'll ever need and is the equal of the Elkins Park and Adams avenue markets. And it is scrupulously clean with a large variety of fresh aisian veggies. Fish swimming in the tank. and beautiful cuts of meat already sliced for bulgogi. The short ribs look great and although they are Korean there is nothing lacking in chinese, vietnamese, or whatever you are looking for. They are very friendly. You will not want to leave this store. It is called H Mart :wink:

Good eating.

Edited by saluki (log)

If you are heading north on old route 1 -You just turn right at Woodbourne (Arbys) and follow it. The road will quickly become oxford vally road- It will be in a small strip mall on the right. If you do any asian cooking it has all the ingredients you'll ever need and is the equal of the Elkins Park and Adams avenue markets.  And it is scrupulously clean with a large variety of fresh aisian veggies. Fish swimming in the tank. and beautiful cuts of meat already sliced for bulgogi. The short ribs look great and although they are Korean there is nothing lacking in chinese, vietnamese, or whatever you are looking for. They are very friendly. You will not want to leave this store. It is called H Mart  :wink:

Good eating.

That's the langhorne branch of Han Ah Rheum, I thought the place was a tad small though for their so called "H" market range. I had hoped that it would have at least been closer in size to the one in Cherry Hill. I was curious are there many Koreans in that area? Never thought there were.

Han Ah Reum store info

why was there no hahn ah rheum on woodburne road when i was growing up there? siiiiigh.

to answer your question SG: yes, there are lots of koreans in levittown and langhorne and in general in lower bucks county. or at least there were when i was growing up--when we saw an asian person, we assumed they were korean until told otherwise.

If you are heading north on old route 1 -You just turn right at Woodbourne (Arbys) and follow it. The road will quickly become oxford vally road- It will be in a small strip mall on the right. If you do any asian cooking it has all the ingredients you'll ever need and is the equal of the Elkins Park and Adams avenue markets.  And it is scrupulously clean with a large variety of fresh aisian veggies. Fish swimming in the tank. and beautiful cuts of meat already sliced for bulgogi. The short ribs look great and although they are Korean there is nothing lacking in chinese, vietnamese, or whatever you are looking for. They are very friendly. You will not want to leave this store. It is called H Mart  :wink:

Good eating.

That's the langhorne branch of Han Ah Rheum, I thought the place was a tad small though for their so called "H" market range. I had hoped that it would have at least been closer in size to the one in Cherry Hill. I was curious are there many Koreans in that area? Never thought there were.

Han Ah Reum store info

Thanks for the info SG. Now I have to go to Cherry Hill .If you say this is small! Also

I didn't realize that the market I was going to in Elkins park was also a branch of H Mart

Oxford Valley road branch is much bigger than that with plenty of parking and no problematic turns. But now I'm really curious about Cherry hill. This is bad. I'm trying to consolidate my condiments. This is too much of an enticement. :wink: