• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dried Sour Cherries

I know I can buy large quantities from suppliers but I've never tried them before and would like to buy a small amount first. At the grocery stores they seem to have regular dried cherries but not sour ones and of course cherry flavoured craisins... don't think so.

Any ideas? And by chance any ideas closer to the Fraser Valley? If not, I'll just have to wait till my next trip into Vancouver.

Don't wait for extraordinary opportunities. Seize common occasions and make them great. Orison Swett Marden

I bought dried sour cherries last weekend from Galloway's. The 454g package was $11.50.

Support your local farmer

Currently reading:

The Art of Simple Food by Alice Waters

Just finished reading:

The 100-Mile Diet by Alisa Smith & J. B. MacKinnon

Thanks Guys! It looks like there's a Galloways in New West as well which would be a bit closer. I'll give them a call before I go.

Don't wait for extraordinary opportunities. Seize common occasions and make them great. Orison Swett Marden

Famous Foods

Thanks Ducky! That was my first thought and I tried to find a website to no avail. I think my mom goes there regularly so I'll give her a call and see if she can pick some up.

Famous Foods does have them, but their dried fruit is very expensive for what you get. If you don't mind paying around $10 for a rather small amount go for it, they have a great selection of unsulphered and organic dried fruit.