• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

LV - FIX

Hello from snowy Canada. Hubby and I will be in LV early April and have reso's at FIX. Can anyone offer insights as to menu, pricing, highlights and how we should dress? Also any bbq and ethnic restaurant rec's? Thanks.

Hello from snowy Canada.  Hubby and I will be in LV early April and have reso's at FIX.  Can anyone offer insights as to menu, pricing, highlights and how we should dress?  Also any bbq and ethnic restaurant rec's? Thanks.

They have a great website - click here. The woman who took our reservations said dress code is dressy casual - jeans are okay but no shorts, sneakers or beachware.

I've had the scallops with potato cakes, bacon, spinach and crab hollandaise and thought it was excellent. Steaks are their specialty and seem to be well prepared (the chef came from N9NE steakhouse at the Palms).

The best dessert IMO is the donuts. We're working on a new dessert menu for them right now, but I'm sure the donuts will still be on it in some form.

Be sure to ask for the cocktail menu. I really like their cucumber martini and strawberry basil cocktail - very light and food friendly.

I had their Kobe steak, which was made from the outer ring of meat from the ribeye/prime rib cut (sorry, don't remember what it's called.) It's the best-tasting cut of beef there is, and serving the Kobe-style version made this the best steak I've ever had anywhere. Not cheap, but if it's available it's HIGHLY recommended.

Also, if you've brought some extra Lipitor along, do try the fried Mac & Cheese. Mac & Cheese is formed into thick batons, lightly breaded, and deep fried. Hey, you only live once, right? :rolleyes:

I see on the web site the have a pre show meal for O. If we are going to see the show at Paris, can we still partake, or do you need to show your o ticket?

The other option is to go afterwards, which we might anyway:) It looks so good. I'm just bummed because this trip is with the in-laws for their wedding, so we have to make all of our plans with them:( I think they'd like FIX though, it's their kind of food

You can get the pre-show special without seeing any shows at all. To tell the truth, it's not really any savings over ordering from the menu, it just prepackages some choices for people in a hurry. And the donuts aren't available as one of the courses on the $40 deal, so I'd skip it and make your own choices.

That's pretty much where I was leaning;) Do you think we could get in and out of there fast enough to make it to the show? The other option I thought of was to have dinner at Mon AMi Gabi pre show, then walk over to fix for dessert and drinks afterwards.

However, the real menu looks great, so I wouldn't want to miss anything, esp. the doughnuts you rave about--those are right up my alley! I wish we had more time, we're flying in late afternoon on Friday, and leaving mid-afternoon on Sunday. Oh well, any time in Vegas is a good time!

• 3 months later...

Just back from LV and had dinner at Fix on Saturday night. This is my 2nd time eating there and I have to say I remain a fan. Went with 4 girlfriends and everyone loved it.

Cocktails tried were the cucumber martini and pomegrante martini.

We shared the salmon forks and also the crab cake appetizer. Both are awesome.

For entrees we hit just about everything! haha! in house ravioli with tomatoes and ricotta; scallops benendit; surf and turf (absolute winner!); sea bass with lobster risotto. Everything was wonderful.

No dessert as service was SLOW (it's definately hot and cold) so we needed to get back out gambling. I do feel the food is consistantly good. The place is loud and hip, very fun atmosphere. Dress is upscale casual. Wear your designer jeans :wink:

Neil,

Can you specify the finalized desserts?

The dessert menu hasn't changed very much, actually. The toffee pudding's gone, we still do the donuts and the brownie/espresso milkshake combo, the cobbler (actually a crisp) is plum instead of the peach or apple we did last year, there's a peanut butter and jelly creme brulee (which is actually better than it sounds), and a banana caramel bread pudding.

Glad you had the cucumber cocktail - it's the best. And the scallopes benedict totally rocks.

• 2 months later...