• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

looking Liquor distributors in NYC

sco-v

Hello,

I am trying to help a customer in NY get Amer. We can't sell it to her bar directly, but we can sell it to a liquor distributor. She is checking with her suppliers and I figured in the interest of providing good customer service (as well as trying to get this drink that I absolutely love to the other side of the country) I would see if I could locate any.

Any help is appreciated

Scott

Scott, is this a commercial customer?  Can't you sell to whichever distributors she already uses?

Out of curiosity, are you talking about Torani Amer or Amer Picon?

Torani Amer

Yes, she is going to talk to her distributor but, in my experience some distributors can be hesitant to take on a new product with only one customer request - so I figured that since we have some hard core cocktailians here who are in the bar business they might know of a distributor who would see the potential of taking on Amer.

I was also thinking that since a lot of people on this forum have mentioned that they can't get it (outside of CA and NV) it would be a good way to get it out there. Personally I love Amer and think it’s a shame that it is only available on one coast. I hope to get this out there and help ensure that Torani Amer doesn’t go the same route as Mescolanza <sp?>

Cheers,

Scott

How funny. I just contacted Sam's Wine & Spirits about Torani Amer and three other items they don't carry. I'd expect that any business would do all it can to have it's products available in a market the size of Chicago but apparently it isn't that simple. No Torani Amer or Stock Triple Sec for me. I'm hoping the news is better as regards Fee Bros. Peach Bitters. I can get the orange and old fashion bitters so I'd expect the peach won't be a problem. Then again, I can find plenty of Stock products in town but not the triple sec. Go figure.

Anyhoo, I'm happy to report that I can get the 80 proof Van Gogh Superieur Triple Sec that Gary Regan has recommend as a decent sub for Cointreau. As I couldn't possibly hold Gary in higher regard I imagine it's going to become a staple at my house. I've been very happy with the Marie Brizard Triple Sec as a sub for Cointreau but the Van Gogh is ten bucks less than the MB. If I can get anywhere near Cointreau's quality at $10.99 a bottle I'll be thrilled. [Note: Van Gogh also makes a 30 proof triple sec].

Kurt

“I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake--which I also keep handy.” ~W.C. Fields

The Handy Snake

Good luck, Scott! Really. Although I won't need any Torani Amer in the forseeable future, having just bought three bottles over the internet from California (shhhhhhh!), I'd love to see this product available in NYC. Seems strange that all the other Torani products except Amer are widely available. I guess because Amer is the only one with alcohol...

--

Good luck, Scott!  Really.  Although I won't need any Torani Amer in the forseeable future, having just bought three bottles over the internet from California (shhhhhhh!), I'd love to see this product available in NYC.  Seems strange that all the other Torani products except Amer are widely available.  I guess because Amer is the only one with alcohol...

I would love to see Amer everywhere.... and yep it's the only Torani alcohol product left.

well, that womans distributor hasn't called me yet - so we'll see what happens with that.

thanks for the replies and input all

Cheers,

Scott