• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

wine for snacking

chef koo

what wines would be good for snakcing? i don't mean cheese and wine tasting. i mean you're going to watch a movie snacks. chips, popcorn, cookies and such. i wonder because i'm about to sit down to a movie and i have some chips to munch on and i only have wine to drink. i'm not about to waste a bottle of wine if it's going to taste like crap.

bork bork bork

With buttered popcorn -- Sauternes.

Brad, have you tried Pinot? Here in Napa some of the theatre owners don't mind if we pop open a bottle in the theatre (yeah, illegal I know... but it IS Napa and many a-head are turned for such things) and it goes extremely well with popcorn.

With buttered popcorn -- Sauternes.

Brad, have you tried Pinot? Here in Napa some of the theatre owners don't mind if we pop open a bottle in the theatre (yeah, illegal I know... but it IS Napa and many a-head are turned for such things) and it goes extremely well with popcorn.

Nope, not tried pinot noir. It's hard enought to get me to drink pinot noir at all, so I'm not going to be in a rush to try it with popcorn. :laugh:

We cannot employ the mind to advantage when we are filled with excessive food and drink - Cicero