• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Maybe this Internet Thing isn't Perfect

Coop

Today I was interested in finding who the Vancouver agent is for Terrabianca wines. I went to Google and searched, "Vancouver Terrabianca Wine". What do I end up with? A bunch of e gullet posts and references to Coop from Vancouver. This is humorous to me but what about those poor people who are actually looking for real information?

David Cooper

"I'm no friggin genius". Rob Dibble

http://www.starlinebyirion.com/

When I Googled "Vancouver Terrabianca Wine" (excluding the quotes), only the first hit was for eGullet.

In any case, you can use "Advanced Search" and exlcude words from your search. For example, typing "egullet" in the exclude box will return all hits that do not have "egullet" as part of their text.

--

ID

--

Don't knock it, Coop...I'm one of many who have ended up as residents here after a Google search. For Vij's, in my case.

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning