• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Comal de barro

monkey2000

Just back from Oaxaca, and am haunting sites for a comal.

I went to the Rancho Gordo site, and the Nuestra Tierra site, but can find no mention of comals. I did find them on the Gourmet Slueth, but was hoping for the plain clay kind.

Jaymes has given (on another thread) tips to getting in and our of Progreso, but if there is another source on-line, it would be much appreciated.

kcd

" Time and trouble will tame an advanced young woman, but an advanced old woman is uncontrollable by any earthly force."--Dorothy L. Sayers.

As someone who just turned 50, I look forward to this state-of-being.

They do have them at gourmetsleuth, but not easily found using their search bar.

check through the el salvador claypots and you'll find " clay comal, el salvador 10" "

Comales are large clay "platters" used typically to heat tortillas. This comal is approxiametly 10" in diameter. Hand made, lead free.

$24.95 - EL-COMAL10

“C’est dans les vieux pots, qu’on fait la bonne soupe!”, or ‘it is in old pots that good soup is made’.