• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Is Schwartz' in Montreal kosher?

silverbrow

I don't find them on Seder Olam.

If their web site doesn't give certification, they most likely are "kosher-style"

"Some people see a sheet of seaweed and want to be wrapped in it. I want to see it around a piece of fish."-- William Grimes

"People are bastard-coated bastards, with bastard filling." - Dr. Cox on Scrubs

if you're looking for smoked meat, i believe snowden deli is kosher.

In no way is Snowdon Deli Kosher ... again, Kosher-style most definitely. And one source to check is: Kosher Restaurants or perhaps: Kosher Restaurants take 2

If you are looking for certified kosher smoked meat, I can direct you to Chez Benny, an Israeli cafeteria-style restaurant that's certified. They are located on Queen Mary Road, west of Decarie (practically next door to the metro). I can't attest to their smoked meat, but their falafel & baba ganouj is top rate & other Israeli specialities as well. They have just added Kosher Szechuan to their menu but I can't comment since I have yet to try it.

if you're looking for smoked meat, i believe snowden deli is kosher.

In no way is Snowdon Deli Kosher ... again, Kosher-style most definitely. And one source to check is: Kosher Restaurants or perhaps: Kosher Restaurants take 2

If you are looking for certified kosher smoked meat, I can direct you to Chez Benny, an Israeli cafeteria-style restaurant that's certified. They are located on Queen Mary Road, west of Decarie (practically next door to the metro). I can't attest to their smoked meat, but their falafel & baba ganouj is top rate & other Israeli specialities as well. They have just added Kosher Szechuan to their menu but I can't comment since I have yet to try it.

Oops! Thanks for the correction. That's what happens when you rely on your wife for information! (Sure, blame the wife)