• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Healdsburg and Little River

annadev

I will be staying in Little River and in Healdsburg in early May - what are the best places to eat? I am assuming one goes to Mendocino if one is staying in Little river - any recommendations? Healdsburg - Ralph's or Ravenous? Any others?

The farmhouse inn is between Santa Rosa and Healdsburg in Forestville, they may be your best bet - I haven't had better food anywhere in northern Sonoma or Mendocino and the wine list is full of interesting wines at reasonable prices.

Not far from Healdsburg is a little town called Windsor -- one of the highlights of the area is a small restaurant called Mirepoix which supports the local wine industry and has a constantly changing food and wine menu.

Also, in nearby Santa Rosa is Willi's Seafood & Wine Bar where LOTS of locals hang out. Fabulously interesting menu and (of course) a great revolving wine list.