• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dining in Mt. Snow area

hollydebra

About a week ago I ate at the Timber House Grill. It is near the base lodge and a very short walk from the main lift. I am a middle-aged Texan and I was impressed with the brisket BBQ, or "Q" as we say down south. The sides were good, too. I mostly wanted a beer with lunch and the bar in the mountain restaurant has not been open on the three occasions I have gone there. So I went foraging at the base. They have a great selection of beer, as well. Here is a link to their menu: Timber House Grill Menu There were a number of families in there with kids.

This is the only experience I have had at Mount Snow except for eating lunch twice up on the mountain. It is not that great nor is there much variety. I had chili which was not "real" chili (but edible) and I think before that, a hamburger and fries.

I was told there was a good restaurant down 100 towards Wilmington (whose name I can't recall) but it meant pulling off my boots and driving there so I blew that off as I didn't want to take that much time out from skiing...

Banished from Chowhound; I like it just fine on eGullet!

If you`re not big enough to lose, you`re not big enough to win! Try this jalapeno, son. It ain't hot...