• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Name Game ala Glenn from Melt

ejebud

Dapper Dawgz.

Your logo can be a Dachshund in a tuxedo.  You can even give him a monacle like Mr. Peanut.

How about The Dog Pound?

Dapper Dawgz..what is it a hip hop joint?

Avoid of the over used 'z' as an s syndrome. But, Dapper Dogs is good! I love the concept of the dressed up dog and monacle!

The Dog Pound is good too, even if it does bring to mind a place where little puppies are locked up and put down if they can't find a home...hmmm..on second thought.

How about ' Dogs Dressed To Go ' (at least for the cart this summer) and incorporate the dressed up dog a la monacle!

John

It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top.

Hunter S. Thompson ---- R.I.P. 1939 - 2005

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."

--Mark Twain

As a homage to the Rocky Horror Picture Show --

Frank-N-Furter

You could have the waitstaff dress up like Columbia / Magenta and the floor show crew, and decorate the restaurant with Rocky Horror memorabilia. Or if you want to avoid getting sued just decorate the place with old monster movie posters and make the FOH wear monster themed T-shirts.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

The Dog House

"Some people see a sheet of seaweed and want to be wrapped in it. I want to see it around a piece of fish."-- William Grimes

"People are bastard-coated bastards, with bastard filling." - Dr. Cox on Scrubs

Wait a sec...

I like Perfectly Frank(s), but are we talking about:

Perfectly Frank(s)

Perfectly Franks

or

Perfectly Frank?

Parentheses in a name might be a little too complicated.

Okay, here's mine to throw in the fray:

Wacky Weiners

Sizzle

Doggy Style

Diggity Dogs

Sirius

Good Doggie

Chien Chaud

Dog Gummit!

Frank Le-Perfect

More Frank than Sense

Frankly Eating

Doggie Digs

Weinerama

Dogs, Weiners and Franks

Dig that Dog

Franks First

Foremost Franks

Weiner Winners

Just a note - there are those who do not consider anything made with items other than pork and/or beef hot dogs. Sausages of a different type.

Good Luck.

AlisonA

Still searching for hash browns in Jersey.

Depending on where you wind up, you could be the Bedminster Dog Show or the West Orange Dog Show or the like.

Of course, if you land in Moonachie, you should revert to Weinerama (I like that one, particularly if you're offering that variety of cooking methods!) or another suggestion.

Thank God for tea! What would the world do without tea? How did it exist? I am glad I was not born before tea!

- Sydney Smith, English clergyman & essayist, 1771-1845

LOL I love the suggestions so far.

I vote for Perfectly Frank or for The Dog House.

But just because its fun I'll add some suggestions.

"Franks for Beans"

"Franks for the Memories"

Msk

Franks for all your suggestions, Folks!! It looks like Perfectly Frank is the wiener!!

I registered a corporation this week named after my 2 daughters Amy and Sophie. I am now the owner and CEO of the AmSo Delicious Corporation. Things are moving ahead niceley. Time to work on my menu, a logo, a business plan(already in the works), and a location.

Franks again for your ideas and support. I'll keep you updated on my progress.

Eric

President

Les Marmitons-NJ

Johnson and Wales

Class of '85

It looks like Perfectly Frank is the wiener!!

Maybe I'm being hypercritical here, but does Perfectly Frank automatically denote hot dogs? For some reason I picture people walking in and asking "Hey, are you Frank? What kind of food do you guys sell?"

It looks like Perfectly Frank is the wiener!!

Maybe I'm being hypercritical here, but does Perfectly Frank automatically denote hot dogs? For some reason I picture people walking in and asking "Hey, are you Frank? What kind of food do you guys sell?"

The signage will depict a hot dog in some way so it will be really clear. As far as being asked if my name is Frank, my plan is to have a bucket with a sign on it that says "If I had a dime for everytime someone asked me if my name is Frank I'd be rich" and everytime someone does, I'm gonna throw in a dime. So please, ask me if my name is Frank!!

Edited by ejebud (log)

President

Les Marmitons-NJ

Johnson and Wales

Class of '85

Best of luck and success to you, Frank (...oops, Eric)! Please do post back with details when you got 'em.

aka Michael

Chi mangia bene, vive bene!

"...And bring us the finest food you've got, stuffed with the second finest."

"Excellent, sir. Lobster stuffed with tacos."

• 1 month later...

c'mon c'mon....

doing any tasting runs???

did you get the lease???

final name ???

:cool:

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association

c'mon c'mon....

did you get the lease???

final name ???

I know I've been pretty quiet lateley(at least on this thread) so to give you the update, I am feverishly searching for the right location. I'm finding that to be quite difficult. Had a potemtial in Montclair, but decided it wasn't going to work for what I want to do so my partner and I walked away. I scoured morristown and Madison yesterday. There's not a "for rent" sign ANYWHERE. I may have found an ideal location in Union today though. I'll keep you posted. Oh and Hoboken; fuggheddaboutit. $6000 per month is a crapload of hot dogs!! Anyway, the name game is still on 'cuz I might use a different name deponding on location. Keep 'em coming if you think of anymore good names.

Thanks alot, Eric

President

Les Marmitons-NJ

Johnson and Wales

Class of '85

How about:

Cool Dogs

or

Totally Tubular

"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne

how bout:

the dedicated dog. (old yeller as mascot)

frank and bun

diggity dog

the dog pound with a hotdog being chased by a man with a net

mans best friend

dogs den (biker theme)

does this come in pork?

My name's Emma Feigenbaum.

For a grill cheese you certainly want Melting to occur..

For a hot dog i look for the snap when I bite it.. So maybe Snap.. It would be keeping with your one word title too.

Or

Snappy Dogs, or Snappy's..

or Frank's Redhots.

Edited by Daniel (log)

c'mon c'mon....

did you get the lease???

final name ???

I know I've been pretty quiet lateley(at least on this thread) so to give you the update, I am feverishly searching for the right location. I'm finding that to be quite difficult. Had a potemtial in Montclair, but decided it wasn't going to work for what I want to do so my partner and I walked away. I scoured morristown and Madison yesterday. There's not a "for rent" sign ANYWHERE. I may have found an ideal location in Union today though. I'll keep you posted. Oh and Hoboken; fuggheddaboutit. $6000 per month is a crapload of hot dogs!! Anyway, the name game is still on 'cuz I might use a different name deponding on location. Keep 'em coming if you think of anymore good names.

Thanks alot, Eric

What demographics are you looking for? What size space?

Names:

Frank

Dog-gone It

The Original Hot Dog House

Fun on a Bun

Natural Casing

The Foot Long

Frank's Famous

Pigs in a Blanket

If you use one of these, I will only ask for a small royalty. Good luck!