• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Godiva's - Vancouver Restaurant Sitcom (merged)

jamiemaw

Do you know which actor?

Believe it is the busboy (Noel). Apparently shooting schedules will allow him to work on both shows. Big break for him in the international market.

cheers

I think that's great - Vancouver needs to get more local talent out there in the world.

Anyways, I thought the show was quite humourous, and to some extent, accurate of Vancouver somewhat and the industry. Though of course some parts are corny and completely unrealistic (chefs showering in the kitchen ?), I think I'm still drawn to watch the second upcoming episode!

One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.

Virginia Woolf

Do you know which actor?

Believe it is the busboy (Noel). Apparently shooting schedules will allow him to work on both shows. Big break for him in the international market.

cheers

Cool, I am always to hear about Canadian actors getting a break internationally since I hear so many jaded views of the industry...but that is another topic for another board.

I need to upgrade my cable package so I can watch all these fancy shows.

I wonder if this show would even be mentioned if it was being filmed in Toronto as opposed to Yaletown.

Me thinks not.......and the reviews would be very harsh.

Can we switch this thread to an entertainment tonight website as it has nothing at all to do with food?

Or better yet just delete it?

Edited by Oyster Guy (log)

"Why then, the world is mine oyster, which I with sword, shall open."

William Shakespeare-The Merry Wives of Windsor

"An oyster is a French Kiss that goes all the way." Rodney Clark

"Oyster shuckers are the rock stars of the shellfish industry." Jason Woodside

"Obviously, if you don't love life, you can't enjoy an oyster."

Eleanor Clark

I wonder if this show would even be mentioned if it was being filmed in Toronto as opposed to Yaletown.

Me thinks not.......and the reviews would be very harsh.

Can we switch this thread to an entertainment tonight website as it has nothing at all to do with food?

[host]

This is a good point Oyster Guy, and one I was going to bring up of this line of conversation continued.

First of all, this thread is not in the Food & Media forum because as far as I know it can only be viewed in Canada. Putting it in Food & Media would only see it get lost among all the other USA-centric discussion. Also, because it is filmed and takes place in Vancouver it fits here best. It may at some point get moved, but for now it stays here.

Second, discussion needs to stay focused on the show and how it relates/does not relate to the food industry in Vancouver. like O-G said ... this is not Entertainment tonight. If your comments aren't relevant, they're getting removed.

Thanks

A.

[/host]

• 4 weeks later...

For you Godiva fans out there, season two starts on Valentine's day. Urban Rush also had a special on the show today, with Chef Robert Clark making an appearance. I'm looking forward to it :cool:

One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.

Virginia Woolf

• 1 month later...