• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

EAT! Magazine

jamiemaw

In order to concentrate full time on a new project, I have resigned my position as the Vancouver Editor at EAT Magazine. I want to say a big thank you to our readers for their support and encouragement, and to Gary Hynes for both the opportunity and the education. EAT is truly a one of a kind publication, one that celebrates our food culture smartly and without compromise. It’s a genuine British Columbian asset, and I’m very proud to have played a role in shaping its Vancouver content over the last couple of years. The upcoming November issue may be the last that will see my name on the masthead, but I will always remain an avid reader and subscriber.

Andrew Morrison

Food Columnist | The Westender

Editor & Publisher | Scout Magazine

• 1 month later...

The November/December EAT is on the street (and on-line). Here's a few of the stories:

- A short story on Tacoma's transformation to a place worth visiting. It is great to see a new city featured.

- Some Victoria reviews - Meia's Tea Room, PIG, Broughton Street Deli, Pizzeria Prima Strada. Also a new brewery - Driftwood.

- Andrew Morrison on 3 new Italian restaurants La Quercia, Cibo, Campagnolo.

- Tara Lee and Sue Grimmer on cooking schools.

- News from various up Island locations and the Okanagan. How many times has the Atlas Cafe been mentioned in EAT?

- A 100 mile holiday menu from Karen Platt.

- Mara Jerigan on Slow Food Nation in San Francisco.

- Tim Morris on Cortes Oysters.

etc,etc

Cheers,

Anne

• 4 months later...

The March/April 2009 EAT is on the streets and on-line.

Features include:

- curing ham

- duck confit

- bistro dishes to share

- best budget burgundy

- salmon safe beer

and the usual Victoria, Vancouver, Island, Kelowna round up

etc, etc

Cheers,

Anne