• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Bravo Bistro Amuse Bouche

Daddy-A

i can confirm the rumours, but not the actual closure. It is very likely to happen though... But the 18th's just around the corner, so dont panic. In case the Davie location does shut, my guess is the event will be moved to the original Bravo location on Denman.

As anyone read the review by Tim Pawsey? :wink:

Eddy M., Chef & Owner

Se.ed Artisan Foods, Vancouver BC

Follow Se.ed's growth at: http://spaces.msn.com/members/fromseedtofood/

It's not the same without you Eddy, so I'm not suprised it might be closing. They need to hang in there a little longer to get the clientele built up.

Edited by barolo (log)

Cheers,

Anne

• 2 weeks later...

BCBC, the restaurant is still open. At least Arne went to his Wine Festival event on Friday or Saturday as reported in his foodblog - the event looked really good from his pictures. Eddy is no longer there, unfortunately.

Cheers,

Anne

• 1 month later...

Walked by last night. Sign outside: All you can eat pasta for $6.00 (edited to add maybe it wasn't all you can eat, but "any pasta" $6.00), sauces $3.00

Sad, but true.

Edited by barolo (log)

Cheers,

Anne

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: ...

:sad: ...

-Bravo Bistro's PR war machine wasnt good enough to sink its teeth into Vancouver's flesh.

-The saddest thing: getting slower and slower in February... Witnessing the lack, or absence, of support from the public and from the neighbourhood.

-Seing lineups at Stephos on Valentine's night...

Ouch! Davie St, you let me down and are now banned from my errands across the city.

Edited by edm (log)

Eddy M., Chef & Owner

Se.ed Artisan Foods, Vancouver BC

Follow Se.ed's growth at: http://spaces.msn.com/members/fromseedtofood/

Hmmm... am I seeing double or something? Abdel Elatouabi was on CityCooks today (using his tangine!) and saying that he owned TWO restaurants. So the Davie location is still hanging on?

See here, here, and here.

Yes it still has the same name, and presumably the same owner, but is advertising pasta for $6.00, quite a change from the original concept.

Cheers,

Anne

Hmmm... am I seeing double or something? Abdel Elatouabi was on CityCooks today (using his tangine!) and saying that he owned TWO restaurants. So the Davie location is still hanging on?

See here, here, and here.

Aren't the City Cooks episodes taped ahead of time? Wife & I were at Amuse for a tasting during Wine Fest and the Abdel said things were doing "well" (take that for what it's worth). A lot can happen in a couple months.

A.

$6.00 pasta - hey, you do what you have to do.

Yes, I understand that. However, it is sad that the neighbourhood can't support better restaurants. Unfortunately $6.00 pasta fits in perfectly on that street.

Cheers,

Anne

Vu le vu deceived meee. Their window says "fuzion" on it so I thought it'd be interesting.. assuming it was fusion cuisine. But upon further inspection of the menu, it seemed to be quite French/Mediterranean (which isn't really fusion.. is it?).

One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.

Virginia Woolf