• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Piatto in Wayne

bp1123

Tried Restaurant Piatto on Hamburg Tpk in Wayne - I'm a lover of brick oven pizza, but since there is hardly a decent place to eat anywhere in this area I didn't go with any expectations.

We liked the calamari appetizer, I thought the pizza was very good and will keep me going back. We didn't try the pastas & I'm wondering if anyone else has. Usually for family style we head to E&V's.

Cute atmosphere, nicer than a pizza place, but not too formal to bring the kids. The only strange thing was the forced valet parking. Their lot is not huge & it's not the money/tip I object to, it's just odd to have them take my car and park it 15 feet away.

Any other feedback on this place?

It's fairly new I think - on Hamburg Tpk in what was Cinders. We have been getting their advertisements & coupons in the mail. The menu has all of the usual Italian pasta dishes (bolognese, vodka, primavera, etc.) with a nice variety of salads, typical sandwiches (chicken parm, etc) & the brick oven pizza (regular, white, 3 cheese, chicken or arugula/tomato salad). Almost everything comes in two sizes - individual & family.

The pizza was very thin crust & crispy, two people can easily finish the 14" which is $12. The only other thin crust I've had lately is the Star Tavern & Michael's in Nutley (which I love), but since this is from a wood burning brick oven, it has a different flavor so I can't compare it to those. I've never been to Kinchley's, so I can't say on that one.

Pastas are around $12 and $24 for family style.

we tried Piatto's the other night. nice, casual restaurant. good service, BYO, and very good brick oven pizza. their pizza is similar to the brick oven place in Hackensack - with fresh mozzarella, ricotta & basil. we had a tri-color salad first which was very good & more than enough for two people.

www.cookstour.netMy Blog