• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Looking for a restaurants offering a tasting menu

foodexplorer

Hi, I recently came back from Chicago trip and have been blown away by Chef Arun. I thought some Toronto restaurants must offer tasting menu by very talented chefs. I know Susur offer a tasting menu.. But do you know or recommand anyothers?

Thanks

Edited by foodexplorer (log)

Add me to the Splendido list!

Perigee also has a tasting menu but it's a 'mystery". You don't know what you will get. The Splendido one is usually on their website.

Also Truffles at Four Seasons Hotel usually has a tasting menu.

Avalon used to have a Friday "Trust me" tasting menu but I haven't checked recently.

All of the above offer matching wine selections (at additional cost).

Add me to the Splendido list!

Perigee also has a tasting menu but it's a 'mystery". You don't know what you will get. The Splendido one is usually on their website.

Also Truffles at Four Seasons Hotel usually has a tasting menu.

Avalon used to have a Friday "Trust me" tasting menu but I haven't checked recently.

All of the above offer matching wine selections (at additional cost).

I believe Didier has a set menu that changes daily. Rain used to offer a tasting menu, I am sure they still do (I don't like the place, just pointing it out).

Mark

Just a word of caution. I had checked out the tasting menu on the Splendido web site and it looked wonderful so we just ordered it without checking to see that it was the same. Almost everything was different from the one posted...fabulous just different. I would suggest that you ask to see the menu when you get to the restaurant.

Susur's tasting menu is the city's most interesting and celebrated.

Perigee pretty much only serves a tasting menu, and it is fantastic, in my limited experience.

These two compete for the best and most interesting meals I've had in Toronto.

Splendido is very very good, too, though. And their chef David Lee continues to get better and better press.

Malcolm Jolley

Gremolata.com