• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Arriving saturday midday

bakezoid

My plane gets in to National at 12:53 this Staurday and I will be in immediate need of lunch. Any suggestions of where to meet my son? Skip Palena since I will be having dinner there :biggrin:

If more of us valued food & cheer & song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. - J.R.R. Tolkien

My plane gets in to National at 12:53 this Staurday and I will be in immediate need of lunch. Any suggestions of where to meet my son? Skip Palena since I will be having dinner there  :biggrin:

Oyamel and Jaleo Jose Andres' sister restaurants, are located just on the edge of National Airpost. Jaleo is tapas and Oyamel small plates of interior Mexican. Both are quite good....but Jaleo is probably more consistant.

My plane gets in to National at 12:53 this Staurday and I will be in immediate need of lunch. Any suggestions of where to meet my son? Skip Palena since I will be having dinner there  :biggrin:

Oyamel and Jaleo Jose Andres' sister restaurants, are located just on the edge of National Airpost. Jaleo is tapas and Oyamel small plates of interior Mexican. Both are quite good....but Jaleo is probably more consistant.

It will have to be Jaleo as Oyamel does not open until 5pm on the weekends.

Edited by mdt (log)
Wearing jeans to the best restaurants in town.

Depending on your definition of 'immediate,' you could always grab a bite at Legal Seafoods or Matsutake Sushi at National Airport, especially if you're not flying into the old terminal.

Liam

Eat it, eat it

If it's gettin' cold, reheat it

Have a big dinner, have a light snack

If you don't like it, you can't send it back

Just eat it -- Weird Al Yankovic

If you're going to be in the Cleveland Park area (which is where Palena is), you might want to try Indique or Ardeo (which are on the same block as Palena). Lebanese Taverana isn't too far either.

Edited by mhberk (log)

(Sitting for lamb chops)

Lamb: Ple-e-e-se Li-i-i-sa I thought you lo-o-o-oved me, lo-o-o-oved me

Marge: Whats Wrong Lisa? Cant get enough lamb chops?

Lisa: I can't eat this, I can't eat a poor little lamb.

Homer: Lisa get a hold yourself, that is lamb, not A lamb.

Depending on where you are staying:

Old Town-Eve, especially for their bouillibasse

Airport-Oyamel & Jaleo are excellent suggestions

Downtown-Kinkead's, DC Coast, Old Ebbitt Grill (All are unique & feel like DC)

Georgetown-Black Salt (one mile west)

Capitol Hill-Bis

Arlington-Guajillo (up from Rosslyn)

I'd be careful about heading downtown for lunch on a Saturday. Many places are not open for lunch. For instance, Oceanaire is closed and I think Ceiba is closed as well. Most of the places near the airport, except Oyamel, are likely to be open. Eve is an excellent choice, if you are headed the other way.

What quick service from you guys!

I'll be staying in Dupont w/my son and not renting a car. So Metro and cabs will get me around. I'll be needing food from an emotional/recreational, rather than nutritional, perspective.

So far your suggestions sound great and thanks :smile:

If more of us valued food & cheer & song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. - J.R.R. Tolkien

What quick service from you guys!

I'll be staying in Dupont w/my son and not renting a car. So Metro and cabs will get me around. I'll be needing food from an emotional/recreational, rather than nutritional, perspective.

So far your suggestions sound great and thanks  :smile:

In addition to the other suggestions, Pizza Paradiso, 2029 P Street, just off the Circle. I don't usually go there for lunch, but it should be a lot shorter wait than attempting dinner there. I love their pizza, and there's a great used bookstore right across the street.