• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Restaurant Recomendations near Garwood

ejebud

YUP! Mojave Grill in Westfield. BYO. :biggrin:

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

We usually go to Northside Trattoria when we are in the area, but we decided that we want to try something different. Any ideas??

Garlic Rose I love this place (North Ave. in Cranford)

The Crossroads Very casual cajun/creole with live entertainment (North Ave. in Garwood)

Theresa's Never been but heard great things (Westfield)

Not sure what kind of place you are looking for. I work in Cranford so have some insight into the area.

Randi

"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne

Theresa's Never been but heard great things (Westfield)

I've been to Theresa's a few times, and it's pretty good. Although, if you've been going to Northside Trattoria, Theresa's is also Italian. A bit fancier, though, I think (only been to Northside once). They do make all their pasta fresh.

Joanna G. Hurley

"Civilization means food and literature all round." -Aldous Huxley

We usually go to Northside Trattoria when we are in the area, but we decided that we want to try something different. Any ideas??

Chez Catherine in Westfield

Fujiyama Mama " "

Robert's Steak House in Garwood

Acquaviva in Westfield

Bensi's in Garwood

Drive a little further and go to Lana's in Clark or Freshwaters in S. Plainfield

Those are all great recomendations, but I think I'll save them for dining with my wife.  I know the Crossroads is less expensive, any other ideas in the vein of cheaper good eats?

There is a Portuguese BBQ place on Raritan Ave in Clark. (Called Clark BBQ). It's about a block north of Walnut Ave.

"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne

Novita at 425 South Elmer in Westfield (it's off South Ave, just East of Central), byob, and pricey but very good

Mona Lisa at 157 E. Westfield Ave in Roselle Park just reopened - there's a fine dining side and a more casual bbq pub food side. We've done the latter and the food was good (not byob)

Great burgers and such at the Cellar Grill in the Cranford Hotel on South Union ave in Cranford (not byob)

Thailand, in an old diner on Central Ave in Clark (about a half mile north of exit 135) byob

Haven't been there in a long time, but Pecos Grill on North Ave in GArwood wasn't bad (byob)