• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Good Cooks in the Area

Other than Craigslist, anyone know how to find good cooks in this area? I'm lookin' and I'm not findin'......maybe there's a website out there I'm missing. Tryin' to find a line cook/kitchen manager with some experience.... If anyone knows where I might post/publish, etc.. I'm all ears. Thanks!

Other than Craigslist, anyone know how to find good cooks in this area? I'm lookin' and I'm not findin'......maybe there's a website out there I'm missing. Tryin' to find a line cook/kitchen manager with some experience.... If anyone knows where I might post/publish, etc.. I'm all ears. Thanks!

StarChefs.com. Be prepared to spend $ :sad:

p.s. Please wait till we find our line cook :wink:

Have you talked to Barbara at L'academie de Cuisine? It might work, you never know. (I got my current job indirectly through L'academie, but then I'm a graduate.)

Finding decent line cooks seems to be a perpetual problem most places... at least the places I've worked at or been associated with.

Have you talked to Barbara at L'academie de Cuisine? It might work, you never know. (I got my current job indirectly through L'academie, but then I'm a graduate.)

I have found L'adC somewhat picky as to who they will help. Unless it's a "top" restaurant (in their eyes), and within VERY close-in D.C., they don't get involved/help. We tried them calling them twice(several months in between the 2 calls) from my last job, looking for help (line cooks and pastry cooks), and they said no, because we were not within 30 min of the school. (I argued that I was sure they had many students and graduates that travelled further than that to get to school, and that those same people might (shock!) be closer to us than to them (the school). Or perhaps (shock again!) someone might have even moved! Needless to say, they (L'AdC) wouldn't even take down the info! (I always meant to call Francois to complain!)

Still, MaryLisa, you should try calling them anyway, it won't hurt, and it might help.

I like to cook with wine. Sometimes I even add it to the food.

• 2 weeks later...