• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

La Frenz montage

Does anyone know where in this city I can find a bottle of La Frenz montage? (Small vineyard near Naramata, red mix like a meritage but with pinot.) Tried it for the 1st time at Lumiere during DOV (thanks for the recom Neil) and it was really great, but then I went to the website and they are sold out.

Thanks for the help!

http://www.lafrenzwinery.com

In the past when I've spoken with Niva and Jeff they told me their wines are only available to the general public directly from the winery since they have such a small production run and can sell out directly. They did ship a case of wine for only $10, which was well worth it. The wine arrived in perfect condition quite quickly. I believe they do have a commercial distributor somewhere in North Van if you are a commercial buyer.

Get onto their e-mail list, and then order when the new release comes out. :smile:

Their alexandria is a pleasant one to try when you are doing a spicy stir fry, etc. too. :smile:

If you do find a local source, do let us know!

Cheers!

You can contact Jeff at lafrenz@shaw.ca to ask him if he knows of any restaurants that might still carry what you seek. Likely candidates might include CRU, Lumiere, Raincity or The Jericho Tennis Club.

from the thinly veneered desk of:

Jamie Maw

Food Editor

Vancouver magazine

www.vancouvermagazine.com

Foodblog: In the Belly of the Feast - Eating BC

"Profumo profondo della mia carne"

I had the same problem, with the La Frenz and Blue Mountain products. Due to my budget I can't afford to buy a whole case and order from the winery. My solution was to take a vacation in the Okanagan.

When the new vintages are released, occasionally I've seen small amounts in Kitsilano Wine Cellar and, if memory serves, Liberty on 10th Ave. However, I think their allotments are so small that the wine never stays on the shelf very long. Just have to be in the right place at the right time.

Cheers,

James

Thanks to everyone for the info and advice.

James - I had the same dilemna about shipping a case, but as it turns out a friend of the in-laws' who has a B&B in Naramata has offered to pick up a bottle or two if/when the next season is out. :smile:

Of course it's never a bad thing to "have" to do an Okanagan wine tour. If I must!