• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

What are the Best Thai Restaurants in Tampa?

Susan in FL

I guess I should also ask if there are any to avoid, as well. I've already searched online for the Thai restaurants in Tampa, and read some reviews, so I don't need links. I am hoping someone has info or recommendations based on personal experience or word of mouth. I'll be there Wednesday through the weekend. Thanks!

Life is short; eat the cheese course first.

Depends on if you mean City of Tampa, or the Tampa Bay area. If you're willing to go to the beach, Thai Pan Alley in Indian Rocks Beach is quite good. They will make the pad thai as hot as you wish; the heat-rating-as-stars includes five-star, "for Thai nationals only". And their Thai tea with coconut milk is excellent as well. We get a green curry dish too that has lots of great contrasting flavor.

The best part is the great prices.

2300 Gulf Blvd., Indian Rocks Beach 33785, 727-593-3663.

Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit. -Oscar Wilde

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the suggestion. I had already returned from Tampa when you posted, but I have made note of Thai Pan Alley for my next trip. I ended up at Jasmine Thai, on Mabry, and enjoyed the meal.

P.S. Welcome, and hope to see more posts from you!

• 1 year later...

I'm soon off to Tampa again, and wondering if there are any updates to the recommendations for Thai. I think that our hotel is close to Jasmine Thai, but I would really like to try something different. Perhaps it will be Thai Pan Alley this time. Wouldn't it be nice if there were so many good places to choose from, it will be hard to decide...

Thank you for the suggestion.  I had already returned from Tampa when you posted, but I have made note of Thai Pan Alley for my next trip.  I ended up at Jasmine Thai, on Mabry, and enjoyed the meal.

P.S.  Welcome, and hope to see more posts from you!

I recently went to Lai Thai on Fletcher. They had a pretty good selection on the menu, and the food was good.

rmhokies (food snob)

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks, it's only two miles from where we're staying.  They have a pretty cool website, with radio online including Thai oldies!  :biggrin:

I posted in another thread before I saw this one.

I got sick after eating at Lai Thai, which may be a coincidence, but you can see why I can't recommend it.

Jasmine Thai is very good! Glad you liked it! It would be one of my recommendations. Additionally, if you end up in the downtown area there are two: Sumos Thai and Thai Island.

There are some other decent ones, too. Tampa has lots of Thai food.