• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Neighborhood Restaurant Tour

davebr

Some friends and I are going to get a big van or limo bus or something and create our own tour of the best New Orleans Neighborhood restaurants. I'm thinking we start around lunch at Liuzza's by the track, oysters at Dragos, bbq shrimp at Pascale's, maybe finish dinner time at Jacques Imos.

What other places and dishes should we not miss?

Gorganzola, Provolone, Don't even get me started on this microphone.---MCA Beastie Boys

Well. in the neighborhood of Liuzza's(fobourg St. John) Two restaurants across from each other are great, Lolas for spanish paella and other great food, and Gabriellas for modern New Orleans. Go to Ugelsiches' before it closes! And Casamentos on magazine.

All right,

Tim

Well. in the neighborhood of Liuzza's(fobourg St. John) Two restaurants across from each other are great, Lolas for spanish paella and other great food, and Gabriellas for modern New Orleans. Go to Ugelsiches' before it closes! And Casamentos on magazine.

All right,

Tim

Yes, head to Uglesichs for lunch and Elizabeth's for breakfast/brunch another day. You WON'T be disappointed.

Liam

Eat it, eat it

If it's gettin' cold, reheat it

Have a big dinner, have a light snack

If you don't like it, you can't send it back

Just eat it -- Weird Al Yankovic

Had an excellent shrimp/oyster Po' Boy and a cold beer for lunch at Domilise's the last time we were in New Orleans. Based on location and clientele I think it would qualify as a 'neighborhood' place. Dot Domilise was even working behind the counter the day we were there.

5240 Annunciation Street. I believe the neighborhood is Uptown.

Stephen Bunge

St Paul, MN