• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

How the session will work

The Q and A with Shaun Hill will run on exactly the same basis as our first session with Tom Valenti. We would therefore ask you to post a question as a new topic which Shaun will then reply to.

In order to keep things simple and avoid presenting Shaun with an openended task we would request that you do not pass comment on either questions asked or Shaun's reply to them on the Q and A board itself, but rather, start a new thread on an appropriate board if you wish to debate any points raised.

Following the trend started by Fat Guy, I will put the first question, because I want to and to give you an idea of the format. Please read "About Shaun Hill" by clicking here in order to avoid asking anything that may have already been covered. You dont have to wait until the 8th to begin posting and remember the best question, as judged by me, wins a copy of "Cooking At The Merchant House".