• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Il Forno in Montclair: On vacation?

Montclairite

I've noticed for the past two weeks that Il Forno on S. Fullterton Avenue in Montclair has been closed. The sign says their oven is tired, or broken, and that they will re-open soon. I asked the folks who work at the Il Forno bakery on Bellevue Ave, but they didn't seem to know much more. Any idea what''s happening? :unsure: It would be a shame if that restaurant did not reopen.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Il Forno on S. Fullerton has re-opened in a different form. They are serving the same sort of (delicious) panini, Roman pizza, soup and salads that they serve in their original Upper Montclair bakery location.

What's different?  They served those items before. Are they serving dinner entrees?

I called last night for a reservation. Apparently, the are no longer serving entree's. Too bad, dinner was very good there...