• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Your Top 10--DFW

Kevin72

We're in the midst of a gradual move into our first house (still in Plano, though, yay!) and so have been eating out alot. I've taken the opportunity to dig up this thread and go to alot of the intriguing-sounding Plano places mentioned here.

We did our previously-mentioned annual trip to Snuffer's of course, though I tried to make the case for Scotty P's first.

We've tried both Joe's and Covino's (as it turns out, we lived right across the street from it!). I'd give the nod to Joe's, though, but we do gravitate to the chewy, thin-crusted, NY-style more anyways.

Thanks to Richard Kilgore, I've finally had solid Thai food at Thai-rrific. Last night we had my parents in town and wanted to take them here, but it's closed on Sunday's. I did a quick search for "Thai +Plano" on the Texas board and sure enough this thread came up again, with IML's Jasmine recommendation, and off we went. Really enjoyable, fun experience, lots of swapping, sharing, etc. Helpful, enthusiastic staff. We just pointed to whatever interesting dish walked by us and ordered.