• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

cookie tins

Trishsmith

Have a small mail order seasonal cookie business.  Does anyone know where to get cookie tins?

People would probably send them to you is you paid the shipping.

I know I can't throw them away, but really don't have any use for them.

when I fisrt saw this thread I wished I knew where my book was ....found it so I came back

here is a link to the Fancy food show site....the book is better is you ask they will send you one shows are...winter San Fran ....spring Chicago .....and summer NYC

NASFT

and here is a company that was at the show

tins

tracey

edited to add I have now also found the $253 I was looking for when I came across the book :unsure:

Edited by rooftop1000 (log)

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association

• 9 months later...

Conduct a search here on eGullet where packing supplies already addressed.

If there's a Container Store near you, it's a great place for instant gratification.

The Danish butter cookies that are sold really cheaply at drugstores are also a good, cheaper idea if aesthetics are not an issue. As you're hurrying back to your kitchen, dump the cookies themselves into the plastic shopping bag and hand them over to the hungry guys at your neighborhood construction site. Then you've got an empty tin for less than two bucks!

"Viciousness in the kitchen.

The potatoes hiss." --Sylvia Plath

im looking for cookie tins to be able to ship our companies cookies in.  does anybody know of a good online source for them?

This should be a good resource for you.

i checked out the site u referred me to and i am somewhat confused..it seems to basically be a site for an upscale trade show? which would be fine were i actually going to attend..but as of yet will nto be attending any trade shows either as a buyer or as a vendor... i was trying to locate an online source for just reauglar cookie type tins( and yes aestetics do matter since this is for my business and not something being sent to just freinds or family for the hoidays..were it just to serve that purpose..it would not really matter all that much... i just think when you are trying to get you online business up and running, you need to find a supplier who does handle these types of tins...and thus far the only thing i have managed to find are tins that are already filled with cookies, which led me to ask where one might find an online supplier of the empty tins... thanks for ya'lls help...much appreciated..just not , i think, what im looking for?

a recipe is merely a suggestion

im looking for cookie tins to be able to ship our companies cookies in.  does anybody know of a good online source for them?

i checked out the site u referred me to and i am somewhat confused..it seems to basically be a site for an upscale trade show? which would be fine were i actually going to attend..but as of yet will nto be attending any trade shows either as a buyer or as a vendor... i was trying to locate an online source for just reauglar cookie type tins( and yes aestetics do matter since this is for my business and not something being sent to just freinds or family for the hoidays..were it just to serve that purpose..it would not really matter all that much... i just think when you are trying to get you online business up and running, you need to find a supplier who does handle these types of tins...and thus far the only thing i have managed to find are tins that are already filled with cookies, which led me to ask where one might find an online supplier of the empty tins... thanks for ya'lls help...much appreciated..just not , i think, what im looking for?

The Fancy Food Show link that Mayhaw Man provided has a search feature that lists companies by type of product. A listing of packaging suppliers included the US Can Company, click here.

A Google search came up with these:

Tin Box Company

Creative Food Packaging (no tins, but lots of other interesting packaging products and ideas)

ACN Gift Packaging

Another possible source is Harold Imports, Lakewood, New Jersey. They distribute many lines of kitchen accessories to retail stores and they may carry tins. They have low minimum order requirements. 1-800-526-2163

I've seen displays of tins at the Fancy Food show, but many more at giftware trade shows. Suggest you spend some time googling the food packaging industry and giftware industry to find additional sources, but the above should be a start.

Ilene

I sent you a list of the people attending the show who listed themselves as being in the packaging trade. I was under the impression that you were looking for help. Had you taken the time to look at what I sent you, you might have found that I sent exactly what you asked for. Look at the list of vendors, click on the links, and contact them. Simple. The Fancy Food Show, for better or worse, is the largest show of it's kind in the world and is a great resource for those interested in what's going on with commercial food trends.

I'm sorry if I wasted your time. Good luck with the internet-it's a tough gig. I should know, it's how a make part of my living.

Brooks Hamaker, aka "Mayhaw Man"

There's a train everyday, leaving either way...

I did a Google search on tins rather than cookie tins and came up with more results for empty tins, rather than those filled with stuff already.

Check out this site--they have a lot of different tins (scroll down to the table at the bottom and click on Metal Tins for the larger selection:

SKS Bottle Co.

or either of these two, but thay don't look as attractive as SKS:

Tin Box Co.

Atlantic Sales

I haven't bought from any of these companies, so proceed with caution!

Good luck!

Edited by chefcyn (log)
It's not the destination, but the journey!

• 5 weeks later...

sorry i had not been back to check on this til now....my mother passed away recently....so with that and other things going on...i forgot all about this until i looged on and found an email from wendy dated last month. she had been kind enough to let me know she had merged it. in truth id forgotten someone else had made the same inquiry, forgotten id said i get some of mine at the dollar store..which i do when they actually have them, but need a much more reliable resource and i want to thank all of you for having provided me with so many leads. i have bookmarked every last one of them so i can really look them over as time permits.

sorry i had not been back to check on this til now....my mother passed away recently....so with  that and other things going on...i forgot all about this until i looged on and found an email from wendy dated last month. she had been kind enough to let me know she had merged it.  in truth id forgotten someone else had made the same inquiry, forgotten id said i get some of mine at the dollar store..which i do when they actually have them, but need a much more reliable resource and i want to thank all of you for having provided me with so many leads.  i have bookmarked every last one of them so i can really look them over as time permits.

My condolences on the passing of your mother.

When you have a chance to research these leads, let us know how you made out.

Ilene

I sent you a list of the people attending the show who listed themselves as being in the packaging trade. I was under the impression that you were looking for help. Had you taken the time to look at what I sent you, you might have found that I sent exactly what you asked for. Look at the list of vendors, click on the links, and contact them. Simple. The Fancy Food Show, for better or worse, is the largest show of it's kind in the world and is a great resource for those interested in what's going on with commercial food trends.

I'm sorry if I wasted your time. Good luck with the internet-it's a tough gig. I should know, it's how a make part of my living.

I actually just went to the Fancy Food Show in San Francisco yesterday and saw some vendors that specialized in tins. Allstate Can Corporation, Independent Can Company, United States Can Company,J.L. Clark. Check these out and see if any meets your needs.

Before I sold my bakery I used to buy my tins from this company. They were dependable, the tins were of good quality, and they had a reasonably good variety to choose from.

They also had reasonable minimums.

Good luck!

Eileen

Eileen Talanian

HowThe Cookie Crumbles.com

HomemadeGourmetMarshmallows.com

As for butter versus margarine, I trust cows more than chemists. ~Joan Gussow

sorry i had not been back to check on this til now....my mother passed away recently....so with  that and other things going on...i forgot all about this until i looged on and found an email from wendy dated last month. she had been kind enough to let me know she had merged it.  in truth id forgotten someone else had made the same inquiry, forgotten id said i get some of mine at the dollar store..which i do when they actually have them, but need a much more reliable resource and i want to thank all of you for having provided me with so many leads.  i have bookmarked every last one of them so i can really look them over as time permits.

My condolences on the passing of your mother.

When you have a chance to research these leads, let us know how you made out.

ty for the condolences, i will let ya'll know how it pans (no pun intended) when i take a good look at everything.