• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Wish Cafe in Stamford, CT

iheartoffal

It has been quite awhile since I was there (maybe a year and a half), but I remember it being pretty good. The desserts and appetizers were good, but it's sad to say that I don't remember them. What I do remember was the mushroom raviolis, pretty tasty I'd say. The decor is great.

-moi

The food is basically New American, though we try to draw on a lot of influences. Our philosophy is basically to take the best ingredients and pair them in interesting ways without being too esoteric. check out our site here .

The menu on the site is bit out of date, but it'll give you an idea of what we do.

Nothing to see here.

• 2 weeks later...

I went there about a year and a half ago when I was living in Greenwich, and my recollection is that it was extremely good. I was not such a fan of the decor. I thought given the quality of the food, it should have a higher profile among Stamford restaurants.

• 3 weeks later...

Here are a few of the shots I took during last night's dinner service. I feel like I'm advertising here, but I just thought I'd share these in case anyone felt like taking a gander.

gallery_26132_1042_170979.jpg

Sauteed Alaskan Halibut with Glazed Sunchokes, Watercress and Parsley Oil

gallery_26132_1042_66590.jpg

Baked Macadamia Crusted Cod with Grilled Potatoes, Asparagus, Ginger Beurre Blanc and Macadamia Coulis

gallery_26132_1042_164414.jpg

Cilantro-Lime Shrimp with Whipped Peruvian Potatoes, Spicy Green Beans and Citrus Vinaigrette

gallery_26132_1042_313973.jpg

Grilled Niman Ranch Pork Chop with Potato Pave, Sauteed Arugula, Beet and Carrot Essences

gallery_26132_1042_369953.jpg

Tempura Shrimp with Spicy Tomato and Avocado Purees

Edited by iheartoffal (log)

Nothing to see here.

• 1 month later...