• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Mystery Food

percyn

Brains.

Ding Ding Ding !!! We have a winner (or is it weiner?) !!

This is goat (or is it sheep) brains with garlic, corriander, tumeric, etc.

The 1st pics of the dish was in the original serving dish at the restaurant. The 2nd pic was while it was in a take-away container (a bit squished in).

Kinda g(b)rainy :raz: (not really, just trying to be funny). Actually it tends to adsorb the flavor of the sauce. I was fed this as a kid when I was too innocent to know what it was, but since then I have not tried it, until a few days ago. It is somewhat of an acquired taste and you cannot eat a lot of it in one sitting. I may make some cutlets out of the remaining brains.

BTW, now somone else can post a mystery dish and let the others guess. Yetty, I belive you indicated that you may have a few brain-twisters (pardon the punn).

I think I see........... chicken...adzuki beans...long beans... dried chilli...possibly bitter gourd... sea cucumber (ha ha!). Just trying to shoot and see if I make the target at all.

Whatever it is, it's got me drooling. I imagine it's asam-ish?

TPcal!

Food Pix (plus others)

Please take pictures of all the food you get to try (and if you can, the food at the next tables)............................Dejah

Hey hey y'all know I don't dig on swine!

gallery_11814_148_35009.jpg

Not pork rinds, but beef! The dish is popular in Central Java and is called Sambal Goreng Krecek and contains, azuki beans, tofu, birds eye chillies and the beef cracklings, rinds, skins, whatchamacallit!

Close, gingerly - oh alright I guess you win this round, too!

Yetty CintaS

I am spaghetttti