• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

China 46 Banquet menu

bpsklar

bpsklar -- If the restaurant is not forthcoming with an English version of the menu and there are no e-Gulleteers who could themselves provide a translation, I could attempt to get the menu translated through friends. However, that would be a more time-consuming process. Also, are you able to e-mail a scan of the Chinese names?

This is what we had.

1) An assortment of Five Cold Appetizers, including Spicy Capsicum Cellophane Noodles.

2) Two kinds of hot dumplings: Soup Dumplings (or as they call them, Steamed Little Juicy Pork Buns) and Pan Fried Shanghai Buns (which have the texture of steamed buns, but are fried on the bottom, I haven't had these anywere else).

3) Soup: Shanghai Casserole

4) Steam Dungeness Crab over Chow-Fun Noodle w. Minced Garlic                             5) Superior Ruby Pork- A giant pork shoulder with mixed herbs simmered for hours.

6) Fish Maw & Mixed Seafood Simmered in White Sauce

7) Steamed Whole Fish

8) Pepper & Salt Shrimp in Shell

9) House Special Sauté, Accompanied w. Baked Sesame Bun - Sauté chopped firmed tofu, ground pork and chives, that you stuff into  the crispy  pockets,

10) Shanghai Treasure - A unique vegetarian dish- Edamame, tofu sheets cut as noodles, seaweed

11) Stir-fried Rice Cake

12) Dessert: Sweet Rice Balls, coated with Black Sesame and Peanut, stuffed with Red Bean Paste. And, of course, sliced oranges.

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

If you guys like only beer, then bring only beer. Whatever, they are very accomodating. Also note that the 12 courses were way too much food. Click here for a description of our dinner. We were all groaning trying to sample everything after around course 5. Follow Cecil's suggestion for the 8 or 10 course banquets, believe me no one will leave hungry!

Edited by RPerlow (log)