• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Restaurants with private room

Roonytunes

I would like to host an event with two speakers in a restaurant with a private room in the city. It would be a Sunday brunch type affair. I'm looking at an attendance of about 20 people. I need to keep costs low as well since it's a non-profit organization. Ideally, it'd be great if the restaurant gave two or three entree options with coffee/tea at around the $10 price point. It could be very simple like an omelette or a belgium waffle. I'm very flexible with the menu. Is this at all feasible or am I just dreaming? Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks much!

I would like to host an event with two speakers in a restaurant with a private room in the city. It would be a Sunday brunch type affair.  I'm looking at an attendance of about 20 people. I need to keep costs low as well since it's a non-profit organization. Ideally, it'd be great if the restaurant gave two or three entree options with coffee/tea at around the $10 price point. It could be very simple like an omelette or a belgium waffle. I'm very flexible with the menu.  Is this at all feasible or am I just dreaming?  Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks much!

Aruna:

I could think of a few places, but no one that would do it at that price. You could barely take 20 people to Little Pete's Divey Diner for $10 a head. Any place that actually has a private banquet space, ain't gonna cost that little. I'm thinking at least two times that for a mimimum.

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

That's what I suspected, Katie. Okay, if I convince the group that they can spend $20, what options can you think of? At this point, I am open to any cuisine...mainstream, ethnic, whatever!

London Grill has a 2nd floor banqet room and also serves brunch. You could try that. But I'm still not sure it would come in under budget. :unsure:

White Dog Cafe has several separate dining rooms, some of which should probably accomodate a small group. They also do a nice brunch.

Katie M. Loeb

Cheers!

Yea, the budget is the real stickler.

The way you want to approach it is to find a restaurant whose dining area is composed of a few small rooms.

That way they can give you private dining without that much hassle on their part.

London Grill, Rembrandt's, White Dog Cafe, Dickens Inn would probably be a good places to start.

Herb aka "herbacidal"

Tom is not my friend.

Thanks to both Katie and Herb for your suggestions. I was able to work out an arrangement with London Grill for my event that fit all the requirements. I spoke to Stan over there, who was friendly and I'm now looking forward to orchestrating the brunch smoothly!

Thanks to both Katie and Herb for your suggestions. I was able to work out an arrangement with London Grill for my event that fit all the requirements. I spoke to Stan over there, who was friendly and I'm now looking forward to orchestrating the brunch smoothly!

Excellent! Send Stan my best and tell him I'm still waiting for him to start posting here at eGullet!

Katie M. Loeb

Cheers!