• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

well, that's an unpleasant suprise

jim_jimmers

That looks like it is going to take quite a while to clean up :sad:

If the only thing to burn was the walk-in, there seems to be more damage to the rest of the place than what I would have expected. Again, I am only judging this by the pictures.

Is the cause of the fire known yet?

Jason

First off, please accept my condolences and sympathy AND empathy, hae to see people have to pound the pavement anytime, but in these crap times...

Secondly..is there any chance things got mixed up in your earlier post?

It looks like the only thing hat may not have burnt up was a walk in.

2317/5000

Man, carrots all over the place. Wonder why they were soo resilliant to the flames.

And the palstic jugs didnt melt, i guess it didnt get that hot so that means everything burned at a fast rate.

Good luck with everything, atleast insurance will help along the way. It will be a life story to tell about. Still too bad it had to happen.

Dean Anthony Anderson

"If all you have to eat is an egg, you had better know how to cook it properly" ~ Herve This

Pastry Chef: One If By Land Two If By Sea

It looks like the only thing hat may not have burnt up was a walk in.

it started in the walkin. fire dudes say it was electrical. the rest of the damage was smoke and water. some damage was done to the roof from the fire itself, but most of the roof damage was from the firemen putting holes in it. from looking at what the fire dept did, i think that would be a fun job, getting to tear all that shit up. they tore the ice machine all to hell cause it was in the way.

the insurance co has a team there today to guesstimate the time needed to do repairs.

i'm guessing a couple of months. luckily there are a few new places opening in town.