• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cambridge Hotel, Cambridge,NY

Hikeleader

It has been awhile since I've been, but it was pretty good and a good value. Cambridge, N.Y. is a beautiful area. What are your other options?

John Sconzo, M.D. aka "docsconz"

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

- Ferran Adria on eGullet 12/16/2004.

Docsconz - Musings on Food and Life

Slow Food Saratoga Region - Co-Founder

Twitter - @docsconz

It has been awhile since I've been, but it was pretty good and a good value. Cambridge, N.Y. is a beautiful area. What are your other options?

The Sterling Inn in South Sterling, PA

The trip needs to be affordable ...its a hiking club so not really necessary to be a "foodie" event, however I sure would rather have better food all things being equal!

I don't think you would go wrong in Cambridge. That area has to be one of the most beautiful on the east coast. There are also plenty of high quality, artisanal farms in the area. The Inn is a very good value.

Another great value at the moment is The Inn at Erlowest on Lake George. It is an area with great hiking. The food is wonderful and the rooms spectacular and dirt cheap right now.

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

Twitter - @docsconz

I don't think you would go wrong in Cambridge. That area has to be one of the most beautiful on the east coast. There are also plenty of high quality, artisanal farms in the area. The Inn is a very good value.

Another great value at the moment is The Inn at Erlowest on Lake George. It is an area with great hiking. The food is wonderful and the rooms spectacular and dirt cheap right now.

Doc:

Thanks for the input.

We have gone with the Cambridge Inn weekend of 10-7 to 10-9.

We are taking it over basically and will use the Rice Mansion as "overflow".

Maybe we'll see you around then!

BTW, I agree with your thoughts on Inn at Erlowest.

The carrot soup that FatCatBrew so much enjoyed was mine!

I'm her husband.

:wink:

Doc:

Thanks for the input.

We have gone with the Cambridge Inn weekend of 10-7 to 10-9.

We are taking it over basically and will use the Rice Mansion as "overflow".

Maybe we'll see you around then!

BTW, I agree with your thoughts on Inn at Erlowest.

The carrot soup that FatCatBrew so much enjoyed was mine!

I'm her husband.

:wink:

:laugh::laugh: Glad you enjoyed it! The food at the Cambridge Hotel is good, but no match for Erlowest. In fairness, it is quite a bit less expensive though.

Twitter - @docsconz

• 7 months later...