• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Houston Recs.

dls

Just got a call and have to meet a client tomorrow (Thursday - 02/18/05) in Houston. Will be staying at the Omni Riverway and looking for something upscale for dinner that's new / different in the nearby area. Suggestions / Recommendations are appreciated. Thanks!

I heard good things about Noe as well. Also there is "Tony's" in the area. If you do not mind driving for an extra 10 minutes or so, Mark's is another choice as well as Hugo's, Damian's, Rouge and several others inside the loop 610.

Elie

E. Nassar
Houston, TX

My Blog

Based on your criteria, Noe is your best choice.

Thanks everyone for the recs. Noe seems to be the consenus pick so that's the choice.. Been to Annie, Mark's and Hugo's a few times each and just wanted to try something new in the area. Checked the menu which looks very interesting. Plus, since I'm staying at the hotel, they're giving me some flexibility on the reservation time (going to be a long day of intense labor negotiations that can end "whenever")

Thanks again.

Thanks everyone for the recs. Noe seems to be the consenus pick so that's the choice.. Been to Annie, Mark's and Hugo's a few times each and just wanted to try something new in the area. Checked the menu which looks very interesting. Plus, since I'm staying at the hotel, they're giving me some flexibility on the reservation time (going to be a long day of intense labor negotiations that can end "whenever")

Thanks again.

We would love a brief --or extended-- report about the place after you check it out :smile: .

Elie

E. Nassar
Houston, TX

My Blog

Thanks again.

We would love a brief --or extended-- report about the place after you check it out :smile: .

Elie

Certainly, though it may be a couple of days since I'll be traveling.

Thanks again.

Elie

Certainly, though it may be a couple of days since I'll be traveling.

Well, I made to Noe - sort of. My meeting went longer than planned (no suprise there) and we did not get back to the Omni until around 9:30 P.M. My associate and I dumped our bags, checked in with the hostess, and decided to peruse the dining room menu over a much needed drink in Noe's lounge. The bartender informed us that they also had a limited lounge menu (8-10 choices as I recall) derived, for the most part, from the items offered in the dining room.

With a very long day behind us and fatigue moving in, we took the lounge menu route. My associate had tuna carpaccio (I sampled a little) and I had the short rib sandwich. Both were excellent and were served with a simple light salad.

Even though my experience at Noe was limited to the lounge menu, I have no hesitation in recommending it. In fact, I'm returning to Houston in a couple of weeks and have already made reservations even though I'm not staying at the Omni on that trip.

Thanks again everyone. Good call.