• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Favorite Uses for Mayonnaise

NulloModo

I love hot dogs and I love mayonnaise, but not together. I put mayo on sandwiches and burgers. I grew up with Hellman's and can tell the difference when I'm eating something with another brand of mayo. To me, Hellman's was to mayonnaise what Heinz is to ketchup. The best. Until recently. I had a hamburger off a truck that had lettuce, tomatoes, ketchup, and mayo. The mayo was so good and different, that I knew it wasn't Hellman's. Turned out it was Admiration brand. Admiration is a small company in New Jersey that is known for salad dressings. It's a food service brand that you can't find in supermarkets or stores.

I knew of Admiration because many hot dog joints use this mustard. Their deli mustard is my favorite mustard to put on a hot dog. Best Provisions in Newark, N.J. makes my favorite beef frankfurter. They have a small store across the street from their plant where they sell Admiration products. I get their mayo there. Haven't tried their salad dressings yet, but the mustard and mayo are great. Five Guys uses Admiration mayonnaise.

John the hot dog guy